or ten reasons why I don’t go to Church
Taken from Close Encounters by Melvyn Tinker
People who don’t attend church often give some rather interesting reasons for not doing so. To show the weaknesses of those excuses, someone has compiled humorous list called “Ten Reasons Why I don’t Wash.”
1) I was forced to wash as a child.
2) People who wash are hypocrites – they think they’re cleaner than others.
3) There are so many kinds of soap, I could never decide which was right.
4) I used to wash, but it got boring.
5) I wash only on Christmas or Easter.
6) None of my friends wash.
7) I’ll start washing when I’m older.
8) I really don’t have time.
9) The bathroom isn’t warm enough.
10) People who make soap are only after your money.